My Thomas Story Library The Complete Collection 65 Books Box Set
All these vibrant unique books will keep your children interested for months and years to come, this boxset is packed and designed in a gorgeous way which will make a delightful addition to the bedroom or living room library. This timeless series has been an all time favourite for generations and each character will make a perfect bed time story, with its beautiful illustrations and art within each mini book.
About the author: Reverend Wilbert Awdry born in Hampshire 1911, grew up very nearby to the railway and believed that all the steam engines and the way they gave off noises provided them with different personalities. As a child, he would develop and imagine characteristics and conversations between them. When Awdry became a father, his son unfortunately developed measles over his body and so in order to comfort and keep his sons mind off the illness, Awdry created the Thomas the tank engine stories. His son Christopher wanted more stories, so Awdry kept writing and published his first railway series in 1945 which then followed 26 more books before Christopher took over. Awdry created Thomas - a bright blue steam engine whose life objective was to become a useful engine, each journey was set in a rural area part of England, on a fictional Isle of Sodor. What’s great about his stories is that it contained a lot of lessons about morality, social and virtue. Mr. Awdry’s wife was responsible for noticing his early works and sent these to a literary agent. Christopher Awdry eventually took over the series later on, and in 1996, Mr. Awdry’s work was awarded with the title of Order of the British Empire.
Facts about the series:
- The first three engines were named Edward, Henry and Gordan.
- Thomas’ driver’s name is Bob.
- In the animation series, Thomas’ top speed is estimated to be 30 to 40 miles per hour.
- In 1984 Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends made its initial broadcast in the UK. Beatles member, Ringo Starr, joined the series as a storyteller for 52 episodes. The show was then a success with more than 8.5 million viewers.
- The colour blue paintwork that appears on Thomas is actually the official colour of the North Western Railway, did you know that Thomas was originally teal green with white lines.
Titles in product:
- Donald And Douglas
- Bill And Ben
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- 'Arry And Bert
- Annie And Clarabel
- Mighty Mac
- The Fat Controller
Jump on board and join in the fun with this Thomas the Tank Engine 65 book collection. Beautifully packaged in a boxed library, this set is perfect for fans of the world-famous steam train and will keep your little ones entertained over and over again!
With full-colour illustrations throughout, this bold and bright box set is the ideal gift for any 'first' bookshelf and makes the perfect bedtime reading.